Pages


Wednesday, May 20, 2020

How to Eliminate Parallax in a Riflescope

Ever head out to do some shooting and notice that your rifle’s point of impact is slightly different than your last range visit? It’s usually not a big difference, but it’s also not uncommon for the zero to wander anywhere from one-­half­ to one-­inch.

I blamed the optic mounting system for this issue for years, as do many shooters I know. I figured the scope moved in the rings a tiny bit or the rings or base shifted some. While all those potential issues are somewhat valid (especially when using poorly ­made equipment), the far more likely scenario is the presence of parallax inside the scope.
MORE

3 comments:

  1. You have read the truth. Parallax can be a difficult thing to understand, but once you know how to eliminate it, your groups will get smaller.
    Reticle focus and parallax are two things that all new shooters and many old shooters do not know about or understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your better articles on the subject.
    I've probably read ten or twelve articles on parallax and it seems like I learn something new with each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AI learned something really valuable again today. Had this problem many times and since it was so common with the scoped rifles I have used I simply thought it was a drawback to using a scope.
    Now to get my rifles out to the range and see if I can dial them in better.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.