Pages


Wednesday, August 05, 2020

A 'flushing fine'?

BETHANY, Okla. (KFOR) – For a second time since May, residents at a Bethany apartment complex say they are dealing with a raccoon problem.

The last time KFOR was at the Williamsburg Apartments in Bethany, a resident said she was dealing with problems with raccoons.

Now, another resident says she’s also dealing with the pesky critters, but there is another issue.

“Please do not flush toilet paper, nappies, sanitary towels and paper towels, and then in all capital letters NOTHING AT ALL. If the building gets backed up again, we will charge a $100 fee,” Danielle Lang read from a note issued to some Williamsburg Apartments residents.
MORE

4 comments:

  1. Section 8 living at it's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody that's losing money from localities to apartments are coming up with ridiculous fees and fines in an attempt to recoup losses from Corona Virus impact on their income.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Years ago I owned a triplex that was originally built in 1863. Last addition to it had news paper from the 1930's for insulation. House next door was built in the late 30's. Also a triplex. Both converted from single family. That house kept having sewer back up. Owner claimed the plumber pulled depends diapers out of the line
    Neighbor kept blaming my tenants. Said the houses shared the tap.
    After about a year I had problems too. No diapers, but could not auger past a point just beyond the sidewalk.
    Dug it up. Clay tile and roots. The city had installed a storm sewer main on top of it. The sewer line was broken and they put a piece of flashing on top to cover the hole.
    Decided to replace my line. Started digging and when I got almost to my house, I discovered why the neighbor was blaming me for the sewer trouble. His line came out of his house and connected to mine. Same type repairs as under the storm sewer main.
    Since I had not damaged the old line while digging, I left it just as it was. Btw the entire thing was on my property all the way to the city right of way where it turned towards his house then went under the curb. I put a tee at the curb.
    He sold the house. The new owners soon had problems and sure enough, called me yelling. I went over, dug up the illegal tap and showed them, then pointed out where the property line was. End of problem? Sad to say, No!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Judge Judy has said many times...if you don't like it there...MOVE!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.