Pages


Thursday, September 03, 2020

Dumbasses - both the 'artist' and the customer

A Virginia teen’s “Dream” tattoo turned into a nightmare after he realized that the artist had drawn it on backwards.

“Now I can only read it through a mirror,” laments Dylan Harraway, 18, in a hilarious, now-viral clip.
MORE
-Steve

*****

With every single tattoo I've ever gotten, the artist has put the pattern on, then had me stand in front of a mirror to make sure the placement and size is right. There's been a couple where the artist has even asked other customers in the shop if it looked right.

5 comments:

  1. In his press-release, the dear child claims he is a 'aspiring rap artist' and 'budding hip hop artist' and 'unflappable rapper'.

    I did it so nobody else has to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lover. My love. Has all her tattoos put on backwards. Because she gets them for herself so she can read them in the mirror. Not for you. She's pretty awesome that way.
    -Jeffersonian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I paid twice that for my simple dragon but the artist did it sharp, crisp, and right. Shout out to 808Ink in Hawaii! You get what you pay for when it comes to ink. $200 sounds like a scratcher unless it's something super simple, like a symbol or text.

    That tattoo looks like a muddy mess, way too much ink used on the gradient. Tbh, I figure you can always add more if it isn't dark enough, but its pretty hard to lighten it or take ink away.

    Maybe I'm talking out of my ass since I'm neither a tattoo artist nor have a lot of ink, but hopefully saving my skin for when I have the money for quality work is worth something.

    - arc

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm betting the artist did show it to him in a mirror and the boy said it looked great, not realizing he was looking at it backwards in the mirror. I don't have any tattoos but I think I have learned to take someone sober with me that had a good working knowledge of English if I was ever to get one.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.