Pages


Friday, October 16, 2020

GO TENNESSEE!!!

(WSMV) - If you showed up to cast your ballot for next month's election, you certainly aren't alone, as election officials reported massive turnouts on the first day of early voting in Tennessee. 

Secretary of State Tre Hargett says through Wednesday, October 14, that a record-breaking 273,325 people cast their ballot by voting early or by absentee by-mail. This is a 91 percent increase from the first day of early voting in 2016 and a 120 percent increase from Day 1 in 2012. 

*****

We voted yesterday. Both of us. In person.
I was a little concerned that it would be too much for Lisa to have to stand in line given her back problems. I told her that I could just take her cripple card (you know, the one I hang from the rearview mirror to park in a handicapped spot when she's with me) down to the Election Commission and get her an absentee ballot, but she said no, it was important to her to vote in person, so off we went.
I shouldn't have worried. While there was a steady flow of people coming and going, we had to wait in line all of 30 seconds.
And because of her vision, the nice folks even let me go with her to the booth to point out which buttons to push.
And no, nobody made me wear a mask, nor did they tell me to leave my sidearm in the truck. 

What was funny was they don't allow any campaign signs within 100 feet of the polling place, so as were driving in, there was Trump sign after Trump sign all along the main road to within 101 feet of the building. Must've been at least a hundred of them, with only 3 Biden signs thrown in so the 3 losers in the county wouldn't feel left out.

12 comments:

  1. In 2016, our county was third in the country in terms of percentage vote for Trump. There was a NYT correspondent that visited to query residents. I don't know if an article was ever produced, but this is Trump country and I am damned glad to live here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's at the fairgrounds this year if you haven't voted yet.

      Delete
  2. Yep, early voting in Texas is going the same way! Heard a number of folks in line saying they were voting EARLY to make sure nobody stole their votes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are voting in person. We have our mailed ballots, unopened which we will take with us. No idea what shit we will get. I figure a mailed in ballot once in the trash can never existed. An electronic vote at least it's there somewhere in never never land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on you and Miss Lisa! I urge everyone to VOTE! Our lives and liberty depend on all others to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The three voters in my house took our mail in ballots to the election office and dropped them in the sealed ballot boxes. You can check on line, and all three have been counted.
    Anyone mailing their ballots through the union USPS is naive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw side-by-side screen grabs from YouTube comparing the Battle of the Town Halls last night.

    Trump had 190,000 people watching.

    Biden had 20,000 people watching.

    How that translates into Biden running away with the election is a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First day of early voting here in Louisiana. This morning at my local it took me an hour to vote, heard the other 2 early voting places in my parish were very long. Weather here was beautiful today so everyone was in great spirits and we were just bullshitting and enjoying each other's company while waiting our turn.
    4 more years 👍👍👍👍........
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mother and myself went and voted early yesterday, in and out in 10 min.!!!!!! grayman

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Lisa is a very strong woman and very proud. Good for her. I am sorry I missed sending her a birthday greeting. Thank you for all you do WC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done both of you.
    Ignore MSM. A lot of people this side of the Pond think like you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I voted two days ago in the handicapped system here in TEXAS, At the polling building. Worked GREAT!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.