Pages


Monday, May 17, 2021

Might as well


 That's what I did. Actually, it was the third step.

I had my ex arrested and then filed a restraining order against her before she could bail out. After she got out of jail a week later, her lawyer contacted mine and had me bring all her clothes to his office, so I loaded up her car with all her clothes and parked it outside his office. Then I had a yard sale where I sold as much of her shit as I could, then I took what was left to Goodwill, stopping off along the way and buying a bottle of good bourbon with what I made off the yard sale.

5 comments:

  1. Mother Earth Mag had a story years ago. Probably the seventies. A caretakeer of a dump saw a woman open her trunk and threw all sorts of beautiful fishing gear, weapons and ammo out. Next day a guy pulled up and threw all sorts of clothes including fur coats. Caretaker got it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine took back all the dumb shit she had ever bought me. Even pillows, and a few shirts her father had given me, boots, it was utterly ridiculously childish. She how ever would not return the jewelry, guns, motorcycle, car, and assorted other expensive stuff i had given her. Now I am called Freddie the Freeloader? When the farm finally sold I bet it hurt her to see that CHECK cut with MY name on it, not Freddie’s.

    You know wimnez would be really dangerous if they were capable of using logic.

    Saber 7

    ReplyDelete
  4. And then there is me and MY ex husband. Married 32 years divorced 3 and better friends now than before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've known a couple people like that. I envy them.
      Myself, all I wanted was to be left alone so I could get on with my life, but my ex kept at me and kept at me, bound and determined to make sure I hated her. The thing is, even with all the crap she put me through, I didn't hate her. I didn't love her anymore, but I was a long way from hate. I just wanted to be left alone.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.