Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Propane? When I saw 'Arkansas' I just assumed a meth lab explosion...

ROGERS, Ark. — Neighbors in a community in Rogers, Arkansas, are being thanked for their quick thinking and actions that helped to save a life after a home explosion. 

The call came in just before 9 p.m. Saturday. Officials say a structure had collapsed.

6 comments:

  1. I had a new supervisor who was transferred in from up north. He was delighted that the mild winters in Atlanta allow year round grilling. He bought an extra propane tank for his grill so he would never be out. It had a defective valve. It sat in the corner of his garage in a newly built house and leaked all of the fuel out until the gas level rose high enough to be set off by the hit water heater pilot lamp. The explosion lifted the house off of the cement slab foundation were it landed about 6" off center. It happened in the middle of the night and he was able to put out the small fires that were in his basement garage. The car in the garage was totaled and the house had to be demolished and rebuilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [rocketride]

      Or store them in a well-ventilated shed.

      Delete
  2. A $20 device that tests for leaks should be a must for those of us that use propane or LNG for heating and cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonus! The neighbor got to see his female neighbor of 15 years naked since she had been taking a shower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she was worth seeing naked!!grayman

      Delete

I moderate my comments due to spam and trolls. No need to post the same comment multiple times if yours doesn't show right away..