Pages


Friday, June 11, 2021

I'll Be Here In The Morning

You know, last week I was looking for some music to put up for my 8 o'clock post and for some reason, I just couldn't get my head into it so I ended up putting up a Townes Van Zandt album pretty much just to get it out of the way.
I must've tripped some fucking youtube algorithm or something, because every time I opened up youtube  to watch a history or gun video after that, Townes Van Zandt songs kept popping up in the sidebar- not songs he was singing, but other people singing his songs.
So I clicked on a couple of them.

Now before I go any further, I'll give Townes his props - kinda sorta. The man was a great songwriter, I'll give him that, and while his singing is okay, his guitar playing is just marginal in my opinion. If you're doubting me on that, go to youtube and listen to Willie and Merle do "Pancho and Lefty", then listen to Townes Van Zandt do it. No fucking comparison.
That being said, I've got several of his CDs so I must not dislike him that much.

One of the videos I clicked on was of a young lady I've never heard of singing 'I'll Be Here In The Morning', but what the hell, I'll give her a shot. I've heard a couple other artists do the same song in the past, so it wasn't something new to me.
I was very pleasantly surprised.

Lotta St Joan

I checked out some of her other videos and saw nothing else I liked, just not my style of music, but she owns this song as far as I'm concerned.

9 comments:

  1. You didn't love this one?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHd3BV6gADc

    Fuckin' high notes almost took out my speakers. The harmony between the 2 was awesome, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, I didn't see that one. She does have a very smooth voice, doesn't she?
      Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Yessir, she surely does. She's a sweet young lady!

      Delete
  2. That was very good. OG

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice. Thanks. Don Williams has a fine version too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greatest guitar player..Roy Clark! Just ask Jimi..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many's the time now I've listened to it, and many's the time I've watched her face as she's sung it. There is no longer any doubt in my mind, Ken. She does indeed own it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.