Pages


Wednesday, August 25, 2021

WWII Venereal Disease Prevention & Scare Film

 Pick-up (TF 8-2060) is an official War Department training film from 1944 that informs World War II servicemen about the dangers of sexually transmitted infections and the need to protect themselves from contracting a possible STI, as well as what to do to treat it and what happens if you don’t treat the infection. The film focuses on the symptoms of gonorrhea and syphilis as it covers proper courses of treatment.

MORE/VIDEO  (37 minutes)

11 comments:

  1. I wish I had time to watch. I skimmed through and I'll tell you, there are some sweet looking women in that video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Syphilis is nothing to clap about❗️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonorrhea is nothing to Clap about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't that movie originally named "Up Periscope"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't watch but a couple minutes of this. We got a similar vid in boot camp back in '64. If my memory serves me, part of that vid showed pictures of guys genitals rotting away, probably for the scare factor.

    Nemo

    ReplyDelete
  6. "SHES GOT THE JACK...."

    ReplyDelete
  7. "But sir- she was a nice girl-a schoolteacher"

    Different film, same story. Didn't slow me down for a microsecond.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spike Milligan wrote several books about his time in the army during WW2, he mentions seeing this kind of film.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Viet Nam we had this rumor going around that there was a strain of 'black syph' that would put you in a secret hospital, and you'd never be heard from again. I believed it, and when we would take the deuce & a half out to the sand pits to pick up a load of sand, that's the only load I would come back with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The syphilis victim kind of Sleepy Joe.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.