Pages


Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Pro tip: Don't get between a German and his beer

BERLIN (AP) — Senior politicians in Germany expressed shock over the weekend killing of a young gas station clerk who asked a customer to wear a face mask, and they warned Tuesday against the radicalization of people who oppose the country’s pandemic restrictions. 

A 49-year-old German man was arrested in the fatal shooting of the clerk Saturday in the western town of Idar-Oberstein. The suspect is being held on suspicion of murder. 

Authorities said the man told officers he acted “out of anger” after being refused service for not wearing a mask while trying to buy beer.

2 comments:

  1. The Germans have been down this path before. I'm shocked that it has taken so long for (some of)them to act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I shot every small minded idiot I have encountered in my life, I would be one of the world's most prolific serial killers (maybe even a spree killer in some cases). Really, was there not another retail establishment nearby that would have sold him beer? I always offer the establishment a choice: take my money or not. Mostly, I prevail without having to resort to violence.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.