Pages


Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Last week it was free whiskey, this week it's cash

SAN DIEGO — Two people were arrested and others could face consequences after drivers stopped on a San Diego freeway Friday to try to scoop up cash that was blowing across lanes, California Highway Patrol said. 

The doors of an armored truck came open on the Interstate 5 around 9 a.m. Friday, sending cash flying. Traffic was halted as numerous people got out of their cars. The armored truck driver started picking up the bills but eventually began recording people taking the cash, according to the CHP.

*****

Martin asked the public to return an additional found money but said he couldn’t guarantee punishment would be avoided.

In other words, come turn in the money so we can arrest you. I don't think they'll get many takers on that one.

4 comments:

  1. How fucking incompetent of an employee do you have to be to allow this to happen? I've never so much as touched an armored truck so I'm not aware of the process, but I would guess shutting and locking the door is pretty damn simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Kenny, some people do some dumb shit. It is Cali after all. Ohio Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, show of hands here. How many of you think that any money turned in to the FBI will be returned to it's rightful owners? What? No one? Color me shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. I've always said that if an armored car loses it's money, it's finders keepers. I know it ain't legal, but why? If the money flew out of my wallet going down I-95, I wouldn't expect to have any claim on it.

    Being from Philly, it reminds me of Joey Coyle and the movie made about him 'Money for Nothing.' He was found not guilty for reasons of insanity after finding 1.2 million.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.