Pages


Friday, March 11, 2022

Hey, it was worth a shot

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – An Oklahoma City woman said she broke into the Oklahoma City Animal Welfare building to take back her dog Hazel, which was hours away from being euthanized.

Toya Stewart was arrested and is now accused of breaking into the animal shelter after taking off with her pit bull.

The metro woman spoke to KFOR Friday and told us she had just been released from jail after going to the shelter to take her best friend Hazel. This was all after officials deemed the dog to be dangerous.

5 comments:

  1. The tyranny has too much power.

    -arc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that once, successfully. They had a dog door in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your dog bites someone, other than to actually defend you or someone in your family, that's not the dog's fault, that's your fault. From what I understand from the article, there was more than one incident. I have a Fila, and in the 10 years I've had her, she's never bitten anyone. Not for lack of trying. If your dog is a digger, you need to upgrade your fence. If it heads for the hills the second you open the front door, you need to remember that every time you open it. I learned very quickly what triggers my dog, (pretty much everything), which is why I normally walk her at night, when there are few people around. If we do encounter others, esp. if they are with a canine, I cross the street. I don't bury my face in my phone. I need to see what's going to set her off before she does. She's 120, I'm almost 2x that, and early on, she dragged me almost across the street, with a choker on, attempting to go after another dog walker. She's chilled a bit since, but not much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next time go armed

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.