Pages


Friday, March 18, 2022

These boys are right on top of things, aren't they?

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (StudyFinds.org) – A team of European scientists has successfully decoded a pig’s emotions. After analyzing over 7,000 acoustic recordings of grunts from over 400 pigs, researchers have become the first in the world to decode pig grunts into identifiable emotions recognizable across a diverse array of conditions and life stages.

*****

Anybody that's ever spent any time around any animal can pretty much decipher its emotions.
For instance, if that asshole dog Jack growls at me, he's happy. If he growls at me, he's worried. If he growls at me, he's hungry. If he growls at me, he's in a playful mood. If he growls and then snaps at me, he's pissed.

Seriously, he's the growlingest dog I've ever seen. I can be giving him a belly rub and he'll lay there growling, but if I quit he'll spread out even more, paw at me and growl some more. 
I wish he wasn't so camera shy so I could get a video of it - it's actually pretty cute when he starts getting into his belly rub because his growls morph into grunts of contentment. You'll hear a grrrr grrrr grrr uh grrr uh grrr uh uh uuuh.

11 comments:

  1. Anyone who spends any time around any animal and even some insects will realize they are sentient beings. Fish, too. I suppose city kids would not know this and therefore have to do a study, most likely taxpayer funded, to figure this out. (They might know more about rats, but I doubt even that.) I don’t think studies like this are going to have a significant impact on our lives, although it might in a negative way. First they figure out pigs have “feelings”, next, no more bacon. That’s how things work in this brave new world. Eod1sg Ret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, they've partially decoded Pig-Danish. But do their findings extend to Russian pigs, or Chinese pigs? Seriously, no reason to not believe there are regional differences in meaning of pig noises.

    Human Danish sounds like a seriously drunk person trying to speak Swedish with a really hot piece of potato in his mouth. The question is whether Pig-Danish is similarly goofy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danish is actually quite easy to understand, as is Norwegian as spoken around Stavanger and Swedish as spoken in Skåne. Regular Swedish is complete gibberish. It sounds like baby-babbling. It's cute, but meaningless.
      O.B

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! Fair enough. My Swedish girl (for values of "my") was from Scania. (I suppose she still IS Scanian; the past tense is for our relationship. Heh.) Anyway, listening to inte min älskling talk with an actual rikssvenska speaker was like listening to two different languages.

      As to Danish and potatoes, I found a video of some Malaysian girl speaking Norwegian with a "po-tatto" in her mouth. (Perverts and fetishists skip to about 1:00 to see her shove a potato in her mouth.)

      https://youtu.be/EG2yyrnb5lA

      Delete
    3. She should learn to swallow, not spit. Just sayin'.

      Delete
  3. I would imagine that somehow the US government funded this study. It’s something they would do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One might wonder about the results of these studies done on the members of the US congress. They are still unrecognized by the world public as being totally hostile to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopped by to check whether any of our like-minded miscreants had taken that last sentence and ran with it. Am disappointed..

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had a dog, 1/4 doberman, 1/4 german shepherd, and 1/2 traveling salesman, who had completely different barks for different critters. A bark for squirrels, a different one for possums, one for armadillos, one for raccoons, one for coyotes. And then there was the time we were out on a hike. She got out of sight, and gave out a completely different bark than we had ever heard from her - sort of a WTF!!! bark. I went over the hill to see what she was so excited about. It seems she had stumbled on a young cougar, and they were in a Mexican standoff. When I came over the hill, the cougar took off, and Sally (the dog) had the good sense not to give chase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That asshole dog Jack sounds like my girlfriend. Maybe they could decode what she's bitching (growling) about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your imitation of ass hole jack cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.