Pages


Friday, September 16, 2022

Elite, not Expert

We’ve all been asked to speak to some particular lie of the present regime. First, though, a word on that word.

We, or at least I, have been taking some flak recently for using it. It is said that we mean it as a pejorative. But when I say “regime” in reference the present ruling order, I am speaking as a political scientist. “Regime” means “ruling order” or “form of government.” How, then, could using this clinical word possibly be pejorative?
-Rurik

7 comments:

  1. Fuck them! Say what ever you want.....

    Melk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. I've been using "regime" as a pejorative for years.
    I guess I need a stronger word now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question to person or persons who were offended by the use of said word: What does it feel like to be so weak that mere words hurt you? 🤣

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.