Friday, December 08, 2023

Ooh that smell, can't you smell that smell, ooh that smell, the smell of death surrounds you

The 36-year-old man found upside down in a vent at Macomb Community College died of asphyxiation, according to the medical examiner's office and police.


Police said they found the body of Thompson inside the ventilation system at the Macomb Center for the Performing Arts on Center Campus on Nov. 26, after hours of searching for a mysterious odor. 


  1. Straight out of the "Harry Nile" program this week on SiriusXM Classics, Channel 148. Episode called "Dead Air".

  2. Jason's last performance! Mind you, when there's an "accidental death" there's often a Clinton involved . . .

  3. I bet that smells worse than a women drying her panties with the hand dryer in a public bathroom.

  4. Idiot found a pretty awful way to die. Sorry about the fear and terror at the end. I don't wish that on stupid, petty criminals.

  5. I'm a forensic pathologist. Over the past 20 years, I've seen someone get stuck in a vent like this about once every three or four years. Usually it's someone trying to break into a place for the purpose of burglary. The oddest case I had was a guy who got stuck in the vent of one of those wood fired ovens at a pizza place. It's not that uncommon. Here's a case from New Jersey (not where I worked):


All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.