Pages


Friday, February 16, 2024

Can we help a Brother out?

This is some serious shit. 
Big Country and Gretchen have an uphill battle to find and I was wondering if maybe you can help out. It might only be a missed six pack to you, but it may be a lifesaver for them.
I'll let Billy explain it:

On February 5th 2023, my wife Gretchen got the worst news a woman could ever hear.  She was diagnosed with Stage Two Invasive Breast Cancer.  We are now in the process of lining up any and every medical option that we have open to us.  Unfortunately, her health insurance will not be enough to insure top quality care, hence our request for help.

Gretchen is a vivacious and loving woman, hard working, a Grandmother of two, and a well renowned hair and makeup stylist for the past 30 years known professionally as "The Hair Diva."  She's been very active in the local community as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Pirate Crew, to donating her time and skills to assisting less fortunate women who need makeovers for job interviews and the like.  

Gretchen literally saved my life at the darkest point of it.  I don't know what more I can do than ask that you assist if you can.  The health insurance industry, being what it is now, we were unable to afford a quality health plan.  Me being a Medically Retired combat veteran, I'm covered by the VA, but not at a percentage that I can get her any help.

Times being what they are, if you can help, then we would be forever grateful.  If you can pray for us, we welcome that as well, as the Power of Prayer has been known to work miracles.

Again, Thank You for your time, and Kind Support
Billy

33 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to Gretchen, I know exactly how this goes, having gone through it myself in 2019. I had 4 different types of cancer in various stages. I am here, if there is ever a desire to talk to someone who has been through it. You have my email address.

    Prayers will be ongoing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done,only time will remain anon on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more anon comment,can this be ketp up on front page a couple of days,especially with the weekend and more folks droning on the net might get more donations,just a anon thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't wish this sh*t on anybody. My prayers go out to Gretchen and Billy.

    Mrs. Chief was diagnosed with Stage Zero Breast Cancer in December of 2007. By the time she got to surgery in February of 2008 the tumor had grown in size to Stage 2. The anxiety was so thick it couldn't be cut with a chainsaw. We had very good health insurance and my bosses at Big Defense were the most supportive people ever. My director balled me out for trying to make up my hours missed at work each week. The Mrs' company were Aces, too.

    It was probably the darkest year of our lives. She bought wigs and had her long black hair shaved off. She tried to laugh it off, but cried a lot. Chemo was the worst: It chemically sterilized her so that she'd skip menopause and ensured we'd never have a family. Only a positive, combative attitude helped my girl get through.

    I wish Gretchen all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dam, BCE cant catch a break anymore. But I'm a little confused. A retired or medically retired service member can still get TRICARE the militarys medical insurance for him and family, how come he doesn't have it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, you have to have a 100% rating for the fam (Gretch) to get on the TRICARE bandwagon. I'm at 80% and have been trying for years to get to the magic hunnerd. She's got a shitty Obamanation-Care Coverage, hence our dilemma

      Delete
    2. Done, God Bless

      Delete
    3. i have a 60% rating and my wife is on TRICARE. I am also 20+ retired so that may be the difference. Jeff C in NC

      Delete
    4. Fenbendazole and Ivermectin. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32549918/ One of MANY scientific papers on anti-parasitical drugs that prevent and cure cancer. Educate yourself.

      Delete
  6. They have lots of ways to jerk you around depending on how you go out the door. My oldest is over 60 percent but only gets VA care and nothing for his family. Hey, gotta take care of the free shit army growing every day! Oh, don't forget the Krain and them other dual citizens. Eod1sg Ret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool,right up top for the weekend crowd,hopes this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thomas seyfried videos on cancer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gave him a few of my shekels. Hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cure cancer with Fenbendazole. Look it up. I have personally seen this work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. daily gator is also in need, don't forget about him. https://thedaleygator.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the miracle cure that big pharma is supressing - Fenbendazole. Seriously, watch this amazing testimony video from a stage 4 cancer survivor and do a little research,... https://twitter.com/TheChiefNerd/status/1753808576018038789 There is HOPE!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes to Fendbendazole.....https://www.fenbendazole.org/suppliers/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Done! I appreciate BCE and I hope it help out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A Note From Gretchen:

    Dear all you kind readers.
    I am NOT the writer in our family. So please be patient with me.
    These last couple weeks have been heart wrenching to say the least. However w all the kind words prayers and so many donations you have made things a little better. I'm feeling very positive about treatment and ready to do battle with this invasion of my body. I've been trained by my husband in the art of battle. Now there is nothing to do now but to engage the enemies.
    Thank you all so much I am humble again by your generosity. Please don't give up on us. I haven't yet begun to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could. All I can offer is a room, food, nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, sent her $40... USMC...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.