Pages


Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Exploring the Brutal Elegance of American WW1 Trench Knives

 Knuckle knives! Some of the most terrifying knives ever created. These trench knives were some of the most feared weapons in the trenches of World War 1. Trench knives were the weapon of choice for the trench raider and his intended victim.  Able to cut, thrust, and punch, knuckle knives earned a terrifying reputation that has endured past World War 1. In fact, many of these knives would be called upon again at the outbreak of World War 2. Today on the Knife Life we are exploring the origins and history of the M1917 and M1918 Mark 1 trench knives!

VIDEO HERE  (11:57 minutes)

6 comments:

  1. I would kill to own an original M1918... metaphorically typing, of course....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this clearly shows why brass knuckles and knuckle dusters and trench knives should be 100% legal to own and carry. Because they are the very definition of 'weapons of war' and arms.

    The 2A, not just for guns, but for all weapons, ammo, armor, vehicles, fortifications...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 1917 khukri from the forgotten part of that war. If I can find a way to post a picture of it I will. Ragnar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the unfortunate honor of having been on the receiving end of one of these lovely weapons, almost 40 years ago. I was sucker punched by a skinny bastard trying to hit me across my face. Luckily, I was able to turn my head and "only" received a 9-1/2" cut from my cowlick to my eye. It cut every muscle and nerve on the side of my head AND blacked both of my eyes.

    They're extremely efficient and deadly in the right/wrong hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found one while clearing out a friend's estate ... it was CHROME PLATED. *shudder* Not even sure if it's an original. But at the prices of documented original it's all I'm likely to have.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.