Pages


Friday, March 29, 2024

Former Enemies of WWII Meet 78 Years Later

 In recent episodes of History Traveler we've been traveling across Germany and Belgium with four veterans of WWII. While in Germany, we had the opportunity to meet with two individuals who fought against these men in Europe, one of whom was a German nurse and the other who was in the 2nd SS Panzer Division.

VIDEO HERE  (33:20 minutes)

*****

This is another one of those 'Gotta watch' videos from one of my favorite history channels.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting that video. He could have easily been either one of my Opas who also survived that war and while broken in many ways lived to be old men as well.
    Klaus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in Germany back in the late 70s and early 80s, all the gasthauses had a table reserved for the old men, almost all of them veterans of the war. I always made it a point to buy that table a round.
      A soldier is a soldier.

      Delete
    2. My grandfather was in the Waffen SS. He was a great and noble man.

      Delete
  2. I slight no soldier for fighting for his country. To do otherwise would carry no honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While there's no measure of respect good enough for all soldiers, as I've gotten older I have really developed a great resentment/hatred for the politicians that send these noble men and women to die.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.