Pages


Friday, April 26, 2024

Military Could Hit Troops with Court-Martials for Refusing to Use Preferred Pronouns, Experts Say

The military could seek to formally punish service members for refusing to use another service member’s preferred pronouns under existing policy, according to military experts.

A 2020 Equal Opportunity law opened the door for commanders to subject someone who refuses to affirm a transgender servicemember’s so-called gender identity to the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) for charges related to harassment, Capt. Thomas Wheatley, an assistant professor at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, told the Daily Caller News Foundation. Such a move would likely infringe on a servicemember’s constitutional rights to uphold their conscience, but it might not prevent leaders from employing more subtle ways of disciplining service members.
MORE

14 comments:

  1. DoD thinks they have recruiting/retention problems now...
    Damn glad I'm not mid-career right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those stupid motherfuckers have no clue as to how right you are.

      Delete
  2. Just restrict addressing anyone to using the person's rank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, failing that, go with the universal "fucker".
      It applies to both real sexes, so I'd assume it also applies to the made-up ones too.

      Delete
    2. ----or fuckette-----

      Delete
    3. I thought the military preferred pronouns were still shitbird yardbird and fucking waste of human sperm

      Delete
    4. Neg/gar are good pronouns to have on a signature block

      Delete
  3. Time to get out as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how the pronoun f*ckers want us to refer them as they/them but they still use "I". They dumped all that crap on the other person but they should be using "we" when talking about themselves. They should be going to jail for using the pronoun "I"

    ReplyDelete
  5. When they asked my pronouns I told them my rank is in my signature block. If you don't know me personally the rank will suffice. I was told I'm being "difficult" but there wasn't anything they could do actionable about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got out years ago and will never go back, I am first civilian division now. Since blasted a recruiter that was sniffing me up from college, I haven't received anymore interest from them. :)

    - Arc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see this US Military smashed and broken so badly I can taste it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember when “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was considered controversial? Good times.
    MartyB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll, I'm old enough to remember when pretending to be or actually being a faggot would get you thrown out of the service. Now it's backwards, you get punished if your naturally normal.

      Nobody that's naturally normal belongs in this faggot shitshow known as the US military.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.