Pages


Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Omigod, Angel's back!!!

Hey, yeah, it’s me. WiserAngel. Older, fatter, grayer, tireder. Still snarky.

So, let’s get caught up, shall we? Moved my folks to be closer to us in 2020. Three months later, mom had a stroke. Six months later, she died of cancer, January 16, 2021. We inherited Poppy who had started showing signs of dementia. He was still able to live somewhat alone in a retirement community, but without mom, he started losing ground quickly. We moved him in with us last year, but soon had to place him in a nursing home with memory care services. Wait, I’m missing some stuff. 
MORE

*****

What a nice surprise to see my favorite shit-stirrer back! I miss us insulting the hell out of each other.

I had no idea she had so much going on. Some of it, yes. Most of it, no. Especially the financial problems over the Medicaid fiasco.
Over the past 4 years or so, we kinda sorta lost contact. We stayed in touch every few months with a flurry of emails over a one or two day period, but nothing like it was in the past with me, Lisa and her emailing a couple times a day.
Her daughter's death took the wind out of her sails, and she started to withdraw. That's perfectly understandable, then she started getting hit with even more of Life's fuckery. She had moved to Borger, then had to go back to work because of financial problems, leaving her husband to take care of her other autistic daughter. All that's covered in much more detail in the link above.

Please folks, go to her link and give her some positive feedback to let her know she does have friends that care and would like to see a return to her blogging.
And as long as you're there, click the link at the bottom of her post and toss a few bucks her way. I know it flat out kills her to ask, but I also know it would be very much appreciated even though she's asking for a very modest amount.

And if you need another incentive to go to the link to her blog, the post right below that one is a birthday greeting to me 5 years ago when I turned 60, complete with a picture of me in a diaper and holding a doll. I'll never forgive my mother for sending her that picture.

16 comments:

  1. Back in the day, her blog is how I stumbled on to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dementia is a horrible thing. My mom and I held on as long as we could with my dad, but he eventually wound up in long term care. She wound up in the hospital with heart issues but thankfully recovered quickly without the constant stress.

    I have immense respect for anybody who works in that field, and I have no idea how they manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the part about about posting her feet on line. I suggested Wikifeet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donated. I'll throw a link at my house tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ken, I don’t donate online but I can send a modest check. Do you have her snail mail addy?

    Bobo the Hobo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobo, you can send it to me and I'll pass it along. My address is posted a couple of comments down and is also in my sidebar.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Is there any way to send a donation directly via USPS ? I don't have on-line payment options available and I'd be glad to send a small donation for her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can send a check, cash or MO to me and I'll forward it along.
      Ken Lane
      PO Box 712
      Lafayette TN 37083

      Delete
  7. I don't remember which blog I found first. But it was like watching siblings trade barbs, until someone else dropped a comment and then got the attention of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siblings in that respect too. As grade skoolers, me and my sister would be fighting with each other until somebody else jumped in, then we'd both turn on him or her.

      Delete
    2. “Skoolers”? Seriously?

      Angel, can’t figure out why it calls me “Anonymous .” Was I gone that long?

      Delete
    3. Nobody likes a grammar nazi, lady.

      Delete
    4. Nobody likes us, but you make us necessary.

      Delete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.