Pages


Friday, June 14, 2024

Jonny Lang - Live At Montreux 1999

VIDEO HERE  (54 minutes)

1. Still Rainin'
2. Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
3. A Quitter Never Wins
4. Right Back
5. There's Gotta Be A Change
6. The Levee
7. Breakin' Me
8. Lie To Me
9. Rack 'Em Up

*

I saw him on the 29th of January 2002 at the State Theater in Modesto, California. I know that's the date because he mentioned it was his 21st birthday. Small venue, great show.
Looking back, I think that was the last concert I ever attended.


7 comments:

  1. Product of Fargo, North Dakota. We are proud of that "kid".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, probably saw him with The Big Bang a hundred-ish times up there. I know money and other things being what they are but I wish they had stayed together.

      Delete
  2. Johnny Lang is the real deal
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jonny Lang. Believe I have all of his studio albums, but don't have this live album. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very much appreciate your posting such good content, including Lang and his immense talent. Like you, small venues are the best for me. Live and local; support your hometown artists up close and personal, and enjoy the gifts they bring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He definitely had the "Blues" inside when he sang at a very early age.....Still dig his songs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I recall he is the nephew of my old ELCA pastor named Langseth in the UP. Hope he isn't like the guy my dad would only refer to as "Padre" who "successfully prayed the gay away" at an early age.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.