Pages


Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Doubling down on the moo

EDMONSON COUNTY, Ky. (WBKO) - A rare event occurred on a local farm this week when a calf was born with two heads. Cassie Tarter of Tarter Farms discovered the unique calf on Tuesday.

“I had gone to class and got all my classes out of the way,” Tarter said. “My dad sent me the pictures of the calf at the house. With my grandfather holding it I said, ‘What is he going to do with that?’ He said, ‘I don’t know. You’ll have to talk to him.’ I said I want it.”
MORE

*****

I did some work for a dairy farmer back in the 1980s who had a cow that gave birth to a two headed calf just before I got there. It also didn't live but just a few hours.
I went and took a look at it but had to turn away because it was really struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.