Pages


Tuesday, October 01, 2024

‘Like walking through history’

 A wallet missing for nearly 50 years is finally back in the hands of its original owner.

Darlene Abel said getting her wallet back is also proof of just how much things have changed in the past 47 years.
MORE

*****

Man, I wonder what would be in my wallet back in 1977..... I was only 18, so my military dependent's ID card, driver's license, Social Security card, hunting and fishing licenses, library card, maybe a girlfriend's picture, a slip of paper with important phone numbers..... I can't think of anything else right off the top of my head. No cash as broke as I was back then, that's for sure.

5 comments:

  1. In 1977, I'd have had a driver's license, NRA membership card and three bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NC Driver's License, AMEX Card, Exxon Card & around $10 or so. Beer was 35¢ back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1977:
    Military ID
    European/Milspec D/L
    Ration Card
    Girlfriend's pic
    Spare car key
    Condom
    Up to $10.00

    Had but didn't carry state D/L due to personal info.

    Hunting licenses back then were back tags.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1977 I was working in the gulf making pretty good money for the time. Like most here I had my DL, a picture of Jeri, my girl friend at the time, a couple condoms and probably some cash. I didn't have any credit cards and I don't think debit cards were a thing yet, I know I didn't have one... That was a great time in my life for sure .
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mil ID, DL, a few bucks, fewer Deutsch Marks, likely not much else.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.