Pages


Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Prepatude

Prepping is a subject that has been near and dear to my heart since I was a kid.

The Wilder family would frequently go on long hikes and snowmobile trips into the backcountry.  Likewise, we’d go hunting and fishing.  Before most of those trips, Ma and Pa would talk to me about the dangers on the trip, what to do if I got lost, and what to avoid.  I’m still at a loss as to why they covered me in honey when we were in bear country and referred to me as “Hansel” but I did pay attention.
MORE
-WiscoDave

2 comments:

  1. I've been prepping for quite a while now. The guys at work all laughed at me until the Plandemic shut everything down, and left people without even a Sear catalogue to wipe their butts with. Two of them subsequently told me they'd never laugh at me again.

    The last thing I want is to be in the position of watching people suffer, and saying "I told you so." I'd rather have people listen, prepare, and be ready, so that when the actual shit show we're all expecting happens, I can say "I told you so."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang he near discribed my home town.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.