Pages


Friday, October 12, 2012

Do unto others.....

Let me be Frank with you (that's actually my middle name :-): I am a former peace officer, a former cop. I don't brag about that, because there is so much corruption and abuse of power in law enforcement these days that it makes even me gag. I do not call myself a former law enforcement officer, because it was never my intent to enforce the law. When I worked in that field, it was due to my desire to help people, to keep them safe. One of the reason I quit working in that field (I quit in 1995) is because it was becoming apparent, even then, that more and more men and women starting in the field were interested in power, in exerting their authority over the mere citizens they believed they were charged with controlling. Yes, I mean that quite sincerely, they felt it was their duty to control the "baser instincts", the bad behavior, the ill intentions of the civilians under their "care".
Go HERE to Hell on Earth for the rest of this outstanding post. Believe me, it gets better.
Thanks to Tango for the heads-up.

1 comment:

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.