Pages


Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Well, what do you know?

Okay, I learned something today, thanks to Resistor in the Rockies concerning my recon post yesterday. I had been depending on driving around and spotting cell phone towers and then today he publishes this link: http://www.antennasearch.com/
Enter your address and it'll give you a list of all towers, present and future, within 4 miles of your place. It beats the hell out of finding them piecemeal, but I want to stress that you still need to get out there and eyeball them first to establish your shooting angles to take them out.
Thanks, Ironwill.

10 comments:

  1. Oh great, I live near the Hampton roads bridge tunnel. This place looks like a porcupine with all of the antennas and towers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all towers are listed. The HAM towers aren't listed, although 2 of them are colocated with the county tower. I know as I helped install one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. after you disable the antennas, break down the door to the comm shelter and grab the battery string ....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. 60 towers and 210 antennas in a 4 mile radius of my house... this might take a while

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem. I'm a big fan of efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 79 towers 843 antennas. Holy shit!!!!!
    Riley

    ReplyDelete
  7. any particular place to shoot to take them out? any cell tower workers out there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. great site. anyone know if theres 1 for gas lines? not that i would...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your local gas company has maps available in case you want to dig a bunch of holes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.