Pages


Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Cannabis as a treatment for COVID-19

Cannabis’s therapeutic effects have long been known, with cannabinoids like THC and CBD commonly used to treat various symptoms. But what effect does cannabis have on COVID-19? 

Cannabis has evolved from that substance your parents warned you about that only hippies used. As research into cannabis’s therapeutic properties has developed, so has the mainstream use of cannabis products. Cannabinoids like CBD and THC are prevalent because of their extensive therapeutic benefits and ease of use. With health benefits, including pain relief, improved anxiety, and reduced inflammation, it’s no wonder why cannabis products have soared in popularity.
-WiscoDave

*****

Sorry, but the last thing I want to do is blow my lungs out coughing up a toke when I'm already having breathing problems.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: while I do agree that weed helps with some medical issues, it's not the cure-all that some advocates claim it is.


11 comments:

  1. Not sure if I had COVID or just a really nasty respiratory infection last April, but I took bong rips every night even when it was no easy task to get much air in my lungs. Only way I could sleep, I just figured that if I was gonna go out, it may as well be in comfort. I’m still here, so I guess that’s a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a really nasty lower respiratory infection a year ago January, back when COVID was just getting started, and it was no fun at all. It lasted five or six weeks.

      I can't imagine anything less inviting than when your airways are all gunked up and breathing is a problem.

      Delete
  2. Edibles are the way to go. No more hacking up a tar ball and you don't reek of weed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a known fact that weed lowers ones immune system

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who was the California freak who first figured out that maybe it wasn't a good idea to put twenty mega doses into one cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All you fucken tokers will keep weed from ever seeing any kind of respectful homeopathic cure for anything. Laws that allow weed to be sold as herbal meds are complete bull shit. All it means is that one day I am going to be driving down some street with some druggie coming straight at me, high on weed. Fuck all you druggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better to get hit by a drunk driver, huh?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, that rant was so full of inaccuracies and "conventional wisdom" I just don't know where to begin.
      So I'll just say that people who do not know and practice the difference between "use" vs "abuse" should STFU.

      CC

      Delete
    3. Check out his comments over at this post if you really want to see what a fucking idiot he is. You can figure out which ones are his.
      https://ogdaa.blogspot.com/2021/04/man-accused-of-punching-dog-repeatedly.html

      Delete
  6. We operate a small organic teaching farm near the outskirts of Eugene Oregon.

    Around these parts, RSO (Rick Simpson oil) is worth investigating for anybody needing to avoid airborne particulates.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.