Pages


Friday, April 15, 2022

Commentary: The Long, Horrifying History of Groomers

In the 1980s and 90s, I worked in child advocacy. One of my jobs was to teach children how to protect themselves from abuse. First and foremost I taught children that adults should not be telling children to keep secrets. I taught children if an adult were to tell a child that something the adult does or says must be kept secret from mom or dad, the adult was doing wrong. The first way for a child to protect themselves was to immediately tell mom and dad about adults wanting to keep secrets.

3 comments:

  1. use the three s's shoot, shovel and shut up about it.
    when I go to pick up my grandson, and he has to use the restroom, I follow him in and stand by the door. god help any dumb fuck who tries anything with him.
    those who torment little kids get no mercy from me. there is only one "cure' for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LGBTQI M O U S E. (that was in the comment of the article) made me L out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent 8 yrs working with disabled adults. I had to read all case files of anyone I trained. I know it goes on throughout our society, but what happens to them as children.....
    If I could take every perp for a ride to the desert, I could die a happier person. Just horrifying. Job didn't pay worth a damn, but it was one of the most rewarding I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.