Pages


Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Two California cities have among the highest utility bills in the U.S.

Utility bills are a big part in every household budget and vary from month to month based on factors like the weather, wholesale energy prices, and, of course, how much water, electricity and natural gas you use. 

A new report from doxoINSIGHTS has ranked every U.S. state and major city based on the average cost of utility bills and, not surprisingly, California is among the more expensive states in the nation, and Los Angeles is among the most expensive cities.

*****

Let's see, my average electric bill here in Macon County TN is $125, water is $26, and my telephone and internet bill is $117 a month. I have no gas, sewage, or cable TV bills.

I've been told that my water bill is twice the rate people in town pay because I live so far out of town.

As far as my electricity usage goes, I could probably get it down even more, but I keep my house at 72-73 degrees in the winter and 76-77 degrees in the summer.

5 comments:

  1. Co-op water minimum $48. Co-op elec summer(north central texas) this year $500-600, previous years 3-400. Winter $200 a month. phone $34. no cable or sat tv. Gallon of reg unleaded $2.39 yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, my electricity is that much keeping this place at 73, and I have propane central units! Of course, the place is about 2000 square feet. Much more than I need, but I haven't sold it yet. May try to this year, once I get the septic system worked on. I can't sell it as is.
    --Tennessee Budd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water bill? What the hell is a “water bill”? People PAY for water?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts, sewer is bundled with water and includes town trash pick-up. About $125 a quarter.

      Delete
  4. How much a season depends on the region, do you have really cold winters or very hot summers?
    How about how much you pay per KwH or CCF of electricity or natural gas? That's the measure of how much you are or are not getting hosed.
    Here in the Northeast; last month it was 36 cents per KwH and $2.41 per CCF.
    Up about 50% in three years.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.