Pages


Thursday, June 06, 2024

Money talks

A number of homeless people have been sent out of Edinburgh to make way for tourists ahead of Taylor Swift performing in the city, BBC News has learned.

Shelter Scotland said several homeless people it supports had been sent via taxi to Aberdeen and Glasgow amid a shortage in accommodation, and one person was offered temporary accommodation as far away as Newcastle.

The housing charity said it was “a blatant injustice” for homeless people to be “in direct competition” with tourists.

6 comments:

  1. Taylor who? And the article says "homeless" I thought were not to use that word it's "unhoused" bullshit now. All meaning the same thing.🤔

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was a bum in Edinburgh and heard Taylor was approaching, I'd pack my kilts and leave voluntarily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah dinit laik the slag so ah left!

      Delete
  3. one thing I don't understand. what is the deal with this bitch ?? I only know what little I have read about her and what I see in the checkout lane at the local supermarket.
    she doesn't strike me as anything special really. just a ton of PR shit ?
    then again, there are very few people I see on the magazines at the checkout lane that I even know anymore. guess I don't care enough to keep up with the bullshit anymore. not that I ever did. dave in pa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is famous for being famous. Like a Kardashian.

      Delete
  4. I thought this sounded familiar. From Nov. 2023...
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/nation-world/san-francisco-cleans-up-before-biden-xi-meeting-businesses-close-stores-target-walgreens-old-navy-illegal-street-vendors-fentanyl-drug-spread-china-communist-party-governor-gavin-newsom-california-apec-conference

    - WDS

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.