Pages


Wednesday, June 05, 2024

US Department Of Labor Publishes Guidance On ‘Ways Employers Can Make Workplaces More Menstruation-Friendly’

To commemorate this Menstrual Hygiene Day, the Women’s Bureau is breaking down the stereotypes and stigmas that have made menstruation a taboo topic in the workplace. 

Menstruation is a natural part of half our population’s life, and yet it has been overlooked in the context of work – perhaps because it is seen as a personal issue or uncomfortable to discuss. The taboo nature of menstruation has likely contributed to the lack of understanding about its impact on workers, which can include challenges related to symptoms of premenstrual syndrome; unexpected or heavy bleeding; and pain from cramps, headaches or migraines while at work.

13 comments:

  1. https://youtu.be/VNJN1aV8YWI?si=mNSsno1nRwBvZqi_

    I immediately thought of this when I read the title.

    ReplyDelete


  2. Back in the early 1970's the company I worked for had many offices that were occupied by young female "clerks". The company policy was to have a small room in each office that had a cot for the women who were experiencing menstrual cramps. The babes were allow a certain “period” of time to chill in a dark room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had my period in 68 years, should I be concerned?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To commemorate this Menstrual Hygiene Day, the Women’s Bureau..."

    WOMEN?

    How 'bout MEN?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. We need some policy for the times when those hemorrhoids let go.

      Delete
  5. Paint the floors red.
    -lg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once saw a drip trail of blood leading to the women's restroom at work. So that was exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bloody Hell.
    Jpaul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well when they get older they will quit trailing but the change almost makes one pine for the woman on the rag. But that is just me I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I tell them I don't give a shit, Will they "rag" on me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well at least the tranies can use this as a selling point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What are women ????
    JD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taboo? Or maybe some things just not mentionable in polite society.

    This coming from a gov agency, I gather it's just more gov expanding into our every day lives.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated due to spam, drunks and trolls.
Keep 'em civil, coherent, short, and on topic.